Welcome to the Junaluska Sanitary District Community. We pride ourselves and are committed to providing safe and clean water and sewer services to our community, while maintaining a standard of excellence in customer service and environmental conservation.
ESTABLISHING AN ACCOUNT- For an existing residence or business:
The following items must be completed and submitted to the JSD Office in order for service to be established:
- Customer Service Agreement (also under "Forms and Reports" tab or available at our JSD Office).
- If renting, a copy of your lease agreement.
- Deposit- Payable in cash or check only:
- Homeowners $100
- Renters $200
All documentation must be received before 2pm on any given business day in order for same day service connection. Otherwise, service will be connected the following business day.
JSD respects our customers' privacy. As such, we do not discuss account information with anyone other than the account holder(s) unless permission given directly by account holder(s).
Please review our Customer Policy prior to signing the Customer Service Agreement.
ESTABLISHING SERVICE- For new construction -or- adding water/sewer tap requests* only:
Whether building a single-family residence, multi-family residence or a commercial property in Haywood County, customers will need to provide proof of water and/or sewer capacity compliance and availability to the Haywood County Building Inspector's Office as part of their application process. If the property is in the Junaluska Sanitary District (JSD), the following steps will occur:
- The requestor will need to complete a JSD Water/Sewer Connection Request Form (click on link or visit JSD Office located at 558 Old Clyde Road in Clyde for a hard-copy of the form) and return the completed form to the JSD Office for review.
- A single-family residence, barring any complications or capacity issues, should typically receive a "JSD Certificate for Capacity Compliance and Availability" within 7-14 business days if not sooner. Multi-family or commercial properties may involve additional review processes and fees and a longer waiting period all of which will be determined during the review process.
- Once the review process is complete and certified as compliant by JSD, a "JSD Certificate for Capacity Compliance and Availability" will be provided to the customer to be delivered to the Haywood County Building Inspector's office.
- When all approvals are met the customer can pay their water and/or sewer tap fees to JSD. At that time a work order for installation of the taps will be processed.
- After installation of the taps, a final "Certificate of Connection" will be provided to the Haywood County Building Inspector's Office upon their request.
*Customers that are wishing to 'add' water and/or sewer taps to an existing residence still need to complete the JSD Water/Sewer Connection Request Form.
JSD-OFFICE LOCATION (PHYSICAL ONLY- NO MAIL): 558 Old Clyde Road Clyde, NC
JSD-MAIL: PO Box 35 Lake Junaluska, NC 28745